211 Ontario: 211 quickly and confidentially connects people to social services and community connections across the province.
- You can call, text or chat online to 211 staff
Quinte Health Crisis Intervention Centre: Crisis service based out of BGH for individuals 16+.
- Talk – 24/7 – 613-969-7400 ext 2753 (or ask to speak with a crisis counsellor)
- In Person – Daily from 7:30am-11:30pm – BGH Hospital – 265 Dundas Street East, 4th floor
CMHA-HPE: Open Access: Local same day telephone or videoconference mental health support for individuals 16+.
- Talk – Monday-Friday – 8:00am -4:00pm – 613-967-4734; 1-888-292-0208
CMHS-HPE: Local same day telephone crisis supports for individuals under 18.
- Talk – Monday-Friday – 8:30am-4:30pm – 613-332-3807 – 1-844-462-2647
After hours consultation:
- Talk – Monday-Friday – 4:30pm-8:30am/weekends – 1-844-462- 2647 – press option 2 (answering service will have the on-call worker return your call)
KHSC Urgent Consult Clinic: Urgent risk assessment for individuals under 18. • Referrals can be made via family doctor
Talk Suicide Canada:
- Talk – 24/7 – 1-833-456-4566
- Text – 4pm to 12am ET – 45645
Overdose Prevention Line
Wellness Together Canada: Free, live counselling 24/7
- Youth (under 18): Call 1-888-668-6810 / Text WELLNESS to 686868
- Adults (over 18): Call 1-866-585-0445 / Text WELLNESS to 741741
- National Overdose Prevention Line: • Talk – 24/7 – 1-888-688-6677
- Kids Help Phone: For individuals up to 20 years of age
- Talk – 24/7: 1-800-668-6868
- Text – 24/7: text HELLO to 686868
- Online Live Chat: 7pm to 12am. https://kidshelpphone.ca/live-chat/
- Talk – 9:00pm-1:00am: 1-800-852-8336
- Text – 9:00pm-12:00am: text TEEN to 839863
- App – 9:00pm-1:00am: TeenTalk
Good2Talk: For post secondary students.
- Talk – 24/7 – 1-866-925-5454 •
- Text – 24/7 – GOODTOTALKON to 686868
First Nations and Inuit Hope for Wellness Help Line: Indigenous supports available in English, French, and Cree, Ojibway and Inuktitut on request. • Talk – 24/7 – 1-855-242-3310 • Online Chat – 24/7 – www.hopeforwellness.ca
Talk 4 Healing: Culturally grounded indigenous helpline for women. • Talk – 24/7 – 1-855-554-HEAL
Native Youth Crisis Hotline:
- Talk – 24/7 – 1-877-209-1266
Black Youth Helpline:
- Talk – Sun-Fri from 4:00pm-9:30pm: 1-800-268-9688
- Text – Sun-Fri from 4:00pm-9:30pm: 1-647-694-4275
- Online Chat – Sun-Fri from 4:00pm-9:30pm: youthline.ca
NEDIC: National Eating Disorder Information Centre
- Online – Monday-Thursday from 9am to 9pm; Friday from 9am to 5pm; www.nedic.ca – click the “start chat” button
- Talk – Monday-Thursday from 11am to 7pm; Friday from 11am-5pm – 1-877-209-1266
ONTX (Ontario Online Text and Crisis Service):
- Online Live Chat – Daily from 2pm-2am https://distresscentredurham.com/ontario-online-text-crisisservices/
- Text – Daily from 2pm-2am daily – 258258
Togetherall (formerly Big White Wall): An online mental health service that offers peer support and self-management tools for individuals 16+ experiencing mild to moderate anxiety and depression and other related conditions. The wall is monitored by mental health professionals 24/7 and is supported by clinical analytics.
- Online – www.bigwhitewall.ca (click on the “join us” links to register and follow the prompts to complete registration)
The Sexual Assault Centre of Quinte and District (SACQD):
- Talk – 24/7 – 1-877-544-6424
Assaulted Women’s Helpline:
- Talk – 24/7 – 1-866-863-0511
National Human Trafficking Hotline:
- Talk – 24/7 – 1-833-900-1010
Youthab – Quick Connections: Local, same day single session virtual counselling and therapy for youth aged 16-24. Offered Thursday’s at 9:30am. Sessions can be booked up to 24hrs in advance. •
- Call – 613-969-0830 and speak to Reception for booking
CMHA-HPE – Central Intake: Local mental health service provider that can connect individuals 16+ with One-Step Therapy, the Ontario Structured Psychotherapy Program, or other AMHS specific programs.
Ontario Structured Psychotherapy (OSP) Program: free psychotherapy for individuals 18+ experiencing depression and anxiety related concerns. Please contact your family doctor for a referral.
- CAMH – https://www.camh.ca/en/your-care/programs-andservices/ontario-structured-psychotherapy-osp-program
- The Royal – https://www.theroyal.ca/osp
- Ontario Shores – https://www.ontarioshores.ca/cms/one.ca
BounceBack: Free skill-building program managed by the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) designed to help adults and youth 15+ manage low mood, mild to moderate depression and anxiety, stress or worry. Delivered over the phone with a coach and through online videos, you will get access to tools that will support you on your path to mental wellness.
AbilitiCBT/iCBT: Free online CBT program to help with anxiety symptoms related to the uniquely challenging aspects of pandemics: uncertainty, isolation, caring for family and community members, information overload and stress management.
TeleCBT: Free OHIP covered online counselling specializing in the use of CBT. • Online – www.telecbt.ca
Breaking Free: Free wellbeing and recovery support program that provides CBT tools and support for any type of substance use.
- Online – https://www.breakingfreeonline.ca/
- App – Breaking Free Companion Canada
- access code = yhq21
Gambling Self-Help: Free online self-help gambling tools.
CCI – Centre for Clinical Intervention: Free online self-help resources for a variety of mental health problems.
Get Self Help: Free online cognitive behaviour therapy self-help resources self-help resources for a variety of mental health problems.
Connex Ontario: Discover mental health, addiction, and problem gambling services in Ontario.
- Call – 1-866-531-2600 – 24/7
- Online – https://www.connexontario.ca/en-ca/ (includes live chat and direct email feature)
- App – ConnexGO Online/Virtual Tele-Health Care:
CouchMD: Phone appointments with Canadian doctors specializing in mental health
- Call – 1-647-365-4870
- Online booking at www.couchmd.ca
Cover Health: Virtual walk-in clinic •
- Online booking at https://cover.health/
Tulip Health: Phone appointments with a doctor
- Call – 1-647-326-4285
- Online booking at https://tuliphealth.ca