Updates to help you prepare for the weekend:
With a gorgeous weekend ahead, we ask that you use a community-minded approach during this time of gradual re-opening of our Province and our Township.
It is important to have safe access to outdoor spaces, but this still means maintaining physical distancing by staying two metres apart from anyone outside of your household, washing hands regularly, and staying home if feeling unwell.
Following public health’s thoughtful advice ensures we don’t undo the tremendous progress we’ve made to contain COVID-19 across the Province over the past two months.
At this time, in Wollaston Township, you need to be aware of the following:
- Water is only available from the Township Garage on Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays from noon – 4 pm. The tap is disinfected by staff between uses.
- Parks are open but play equipment is not to be used at this time.
- You can not gather in groups of more than five people and these people need to be part of your household.
- Please ensure space between others at the Public Boat Launch.
- Help reduce the risk to our first responders by following all posted speed limits and by respecting our on-going fire ban, which includes fireworks.
- Please do not treat a trip to the waste site like a family outing.
- Our local businesses have adapted well to the Provincial guidelines and they are open and ready to provide you with whatever you need.
Our Emergency Control Group continues to meet to provide guidance to our community. Regulations and requirements are changing on a daily basis, and we appreciate your support, assistance and positive approach to what has become a very different summer season in our community.
Please always remember that this potentially deadly virus spreads easily before symptoms appear so limit non-essential travel and follow public health directives at all times to keep friends, family and strangers safe.
Thank you for making every effort to keep Wollaston Township a safe and healthy community.