Cancelled – Coe Hill Agricultural Fair
Fair Books, Entry Tags & Ride Armbands are available at the Wollaston Township Office
The Coe Hill Fair was founded in 1882. The first fair was held in Salem, two miles north of Coe Hill. The Second fair was then held in Coe Hill with the first exhibits in the Town Hall. The horses raced from the hall to the Cenotaph and back on the main street. In the early 1900s the Fair moved to its present location. A grandstand was built prior to 1920, partly for the Fair and partly to seat fans of the champion Coe Hill baseball team. Before cars became numerous, a special train came from Trenton each year.
Many barns and buildings have been added to the grounds. In 1969 the CNR Station from Coe Hill was moved to the fair grounds and set up for display. Over the years many new things have been done to better the Fair. The grounds are also used for many community activities, and are available to rent for private functions.