New Small Business Funding Opportunity!
The TRIP – Capital Projects program is geared specifically to tourism-dependent small to medium businesses and provides non-repayable funding up to 80% of eligible expenses incurred to modify operations to a maximum of $20,000. This program was created to offset costs related to one-time modifications and/or re-opening costs, implementation of health and safety protocols, and digitization measures.
Applications to this new funding stream will be accepted beginning Jan. 15, 2021 and will continue on an ongoing basis until Dec. 31, 2021, or until funds are depleted. Priority status will be given to eligible businesses who apply by Thursday, Jan. 31, 2021.
Here’s what you need to have on hand to complete the application:
• Your Business Number, HST number, and Incorporation date (if applicable)
• A copy of your 2019 Financials
• A copy of your commercial general liability insurance indicating coverage of at least $2,000,000
• Copies of all receipts, invoices and/or quotes you are looking to submit for reimbursement
• A brief 500-word summary drafted of how the requested funds are to be used, including a synopsis of how the project helped to protect jobs and the visitor experience.
They are anticipating a high volume of applications and will be processing submissions on a first come, first served basis.
Download the Program Guidelines to review eligibility and click “Apply Now” to reach the online application portal.
To apply, visit: https://comewander.ca/trip/