📌 RINK UPDATE & PREMIER ANNOUNCMENT 📌
We’d like to announce for our community that the rink should be available on Saturday (weather dependent), however the restrictions include:
– a limit of 10 people on the ice at one time
– required social distancing on and off the ice
– caution while using the outdoor benches to lace skates (for example, distancing, hand sanitizing, etc.)
PREMIER FORD’S ANNOUCEMENT
Premier Ford’s announcement can be found here: https://fb.watch/aiWaJLoNYG/ and highlights (from the Ontario Newsroom) are listed below as well.
“…the province will return to the modified version of Step Two of the Roadmap to Reopen effective Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 12:01 a.m. for at least 21 days (until January 26, 2022), subject to trends in public health and health system indicators.
These measures include:
– Reducing social gathering limits to five people indoors and 10 people outdoors.
– Limiting capacity at organized public events to five people indoors.
– Requiring businesses and organizations to ensure employees work remotely unless the nature of their work requires them to be on-site.
– Limiting capacity at indoor weddings, funerals, and religious services, rites and ceremonies to 50 per cent capacity of the particular room. Outdoor services are limited to the number of people that can maintain 2 metres of physical distance. Social gatherings associated with these services must adhere to the social gathering limits.
– Retail settings, including shopping malls, permitted at 50 per cent capacity. For shopping malls physical distancing will be required in line-ups, loitering will not be permitted and food courts will be required to close.
– Personal care services permitted at 50 per cent capacity and other restrictions. Saunas, steam rooms, and oxygen bars closed.
– Closing indoor meeting and event spaces with limited exceptions but permitting outdoor spaces to remain open with restrictions.
– Public libraries limited to 50 per cent capacity.
– Closing indoor dining at restaurants, bars and other food or drink establishments. Outdoor dining with restrictions, takeout, drive through and delivery is permitted.
Along with a number of other restrictions which can be found here: https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/1001394/ontario-temporarily-moving-to-modified-step-two-of-the-roadmap-to-reopen