2022 MUNICIPAL ELECTION FINANCIAL DISCLOSURES
Users of this portion of the Township of Wollaston Election website should be aware of the following:
- Pursuant to the Municipal Elections Act, 1996, (the Act); the official copies of the Statements are filed with the clerk of the Township of Wollaston. These are available for review at the Municipal Office at 90 Wollaston Lake Road.
- The filed financial statements (the Statements) available on this website were prepared by candidates manually.
- The signatures and initials of Candidates and Staff have been redacted for privacy reasons.
- The website allows members of the public to view scanned copies of the filed Statements in PDF format.
- Municipal Staff have not verified or amended the information contained in the Statements.
- In situations where multiple Statements are filed:
For those who extend their campaigns and file supplementary financial statements pursuant to the Act, only information from the supplementary Statement is searchable. However, both the initial and supplementary Statements will be retained on the site in PDF format for review.
For those who file a corrected Statement by the legislative deadline, only the latest Statement is searchable. Previously filed Statements can be viewed in the Municipal Office during regular business hours.
In the case of those who have not filed by the legislated dates, the most recently submitted Statement, if any, appears on the website. However, a notice of default appears under the heading “In Default of MEA”, below.
The Act provides the ability to submit a Statement after the legislative deadline. Where this applies, the Clerk is to only accept these documents for the purpose of posting them on the website. Filing of the Statement does not remove the “In Default” status.
Note: The Municipal Elections Act, 1996 requires the Municipal Clerk to provide a copy of the financial statements on this website.
The following Candidate failed to file a financial statement with the Municipal Clerk as required by Section 88.25 of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996, on or before the March 31st, 2023 deadline. As such, until the next regular election has taken place, they are ineligible to be elected or appointed to any office to which the Municipal Elections Act, 1996 applies: Glenn Fagerros
In Default of MEA
FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE – THIRD PARTY ADVERTISER